Position Summary: The Student Services/Marketing Coordinator works directly with the Director of the School of Theatre and faculty to develop and implement student recruitment strategies. The Student Services/Marketing Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating the student registration process and advising majors. Additional duties include coordinating departmental marketing efforts.
A bachelor’s degree is required. A bachelor’s degree in Theatre or a related field is preferred.
A minimum of two years of related work experience in student services, student advising, recruitment, sales and/or marketing is required. A suitable combination of education and experience may be substituted for minimum qualifications.
- Recruitment: Develop recruitment strategies; Coordinate sessions to discuss and analyze recruitment, advising, and retention strategies; Coordinate on and off campus recruitment events, including travel arrangements; Develop and maintain relationships with high school teachers throughout the community and region; Collaborate with Admissions, the School of Music and the Performing Arts Academy to optimize auditions and recruitment opportunities.
- Advising: Work with departmental students to assist them in scheduling; Provide students with guidance regarding graduation plans and the add/drop process; Serve as the main point of contact, resolve issues, and/or elevate issues to the appropriate person for students regarding their program of instruction; Track and report on applicants, acceptances, scholarships awarded, and the ratio of scholarship money to actual money.
- Marketing: Coordinate the marketing efforts of the department to include managing relationships with on and off campus photographers, webmasters, advertising agencies, and other outside vendors; Coordinate with Communications and Marketing on the writing, design, and production of external relations marketing materials for the School of Theatre and TheatreOCU; Oversee design, creation, distribution, and archive programs and posters for all productions; Organize student workers and volunteers to assist with promotion, marketing, and ushering for departmental productions; Work with Oklahoma Children's Theatre and other School of Theatre partners to create promotional materials and advertising for co-productions.
- Provide administrative support to director and other staff as needed.
- Create the course schedule each semester in close consultation with the director and faculty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and attention to detail skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media (Facebook, Twitter), and with PC and Apple operating systems
- Ability to establish goals and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently or as a team
1. Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
2. Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
3. Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
1. Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or off campus.
2. Attendance at evening and weekend events is sometimes required.
3. Off-campus, state and regional travel is sometimes required.
4. Incumbent will be exposed to frequent noise caused by shop machinery, musical equipment, telephones and office machines.
OCU’s salary compensation structure can be found at: http://www2.okcu.edu/hr/forms/paygrade.pdf
Oklahoma City University - 22 months ago