As a Student Services Coordinator, you are responsible for handling all service inquiries and requests related to Career Services, Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), Registrar, and Student Advising. This includes assisting students with interpreting university policies and procedures. You will support, and partner with, other departments outside of the Student Services Department as needed to ensure all concerns and inquiries are handles with superior customer service.
Principal Duties & Responsibilties:
Other Duties as Assigned or Requested:
- Handles all incoming service-related inquiries, via phone and electronic communication avenues within established service metrics
- Works directly with students to evaluate their needs while identifying opportunities and strategies to creatively respond to student requests
- Ability to provide students with available resources to aid with their success
- Communicates detailed information to students in a clear and concise manner when working to fulfill student requests
- Acts as a liaison between internal departments to communicate feedback and results
- Partners with departments outside of Student Services as needed to ensure all issues and inquiries are handled in a timely fashion
- Ability to appropriately interpret, and communicate, University policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies:
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate student and department needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
-Active and Patient Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; listens and checks before acting.
-Problem Solving and Decision Making - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
-Technical/Functional Learning - Demonstrates functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
-Written and Oral Communications - Is able to communicate clearly and succinctly, whether in writing or verbally, in a variety of communication settings.
-Ethics, Values, Integrity and Trust - Adheres to core values of integrity and ethics.
-Composure - Can be counted on to positively manage stress and doesn’t show frustration in a crisis.
-Results Driven - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
Education and Experience: Minimum
Education and Experience: Preferred
- Associates degree or 1-3 years in a customer service role
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Bachelors degree in Business, Education, or Psychology
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Working knowledge of CVUE and SAW systems
Colorado Technical University - 12 months ago
Career Education Corporation (CEC) has made a career of handing out diplomas. The for-profit company owns and operates about 90 domestic and...