Student Services Coordinator - Online Division
About Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting-edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
General Job Description:
The work location for this position is Tempe, AZ.
You're organized and professional with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for education. In this role you will provide academic support and counseling for online students, working one-on-one to build and sustain relationships that support academic success. You will be responsible for understanding course curriculum, providing tutoring services, and developing academic advising plans when necessary, while identifying additional layers of support services to assist our students. You will build relationships primarily through direct phone contact, but will employ other communication platforms as well, updating the Director with reporting information to help better understand the student population. Most importantly, you will ensure that our students have the support they need to be successful and will make a difference in the lives of many.
- Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, Company, and/or regulatory agencies in compliance with policy, procedures and legal requirements.
- Support the Academic Department by providing students an opportunity to discuss issues and concerns and participate in problem solving.
- Develop, monitor and facilitate the activity of the student retention program.
- Provide student services to support the student body and maximize student completion rates.
- Plan, implement and direct programs and services that assist students to reenter, continue, and complete their academic programs.
- Coordinate specific programs to assist students with academic, and personal issues that may interfere with their academic programs.
- Develop, manage and coordinate the Institutions retention plan.
- Correlate attrition/retention statistics to identify student withdrawal patterns, such as identification of specific courses or faculty that have high drop rates, or additional problematic or challenging areas.
- Establishes a plan of action to address such patterns.
- Provide administrative coordination, support, and advice to student support programs, such as peer tutoring.
- May develop a referral/mentoring group for students seeking help or needing assistance.
- Phone all students that have withdrawn to establish reason for withdrawal and possibility for re-entry.
- Prepare and send out letters to students that can not be contacted by phone.
- Maintain daily log of contacts.
- May assist with graduation ceremony and student appreciation days.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Decision Making: Displays willingness to make decisions
- Communication: Effectively communicates with others
- Time Management: Is able to complete all job requirements in allotted time
- Work Ethic: Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
- Accuracy: Displays a high quality of work and level of accuracy
- Associates Degree Required; Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- 3 to 5 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Strong commitment to education, with the counseling or coaching skills required to effectively support online students
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritize activities
- Ability to work effectively with multiple databases and student platforms
- Ability to establish and maintain customer relationships and rapport over the phone
- Proficient in personal computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill Company Key Behaviors
- Ability to work assigned/flexible hours necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis
- This position is full time, 30 to 40 hours per week with full benefits.