Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Student Services, along with the Senior Assistant Director of Student Services, the Counselor will assist with the daily operations of the Student Services Offices to support the Campus Operations ensuring the professional, efficient and compliant processing of student records. The Student Services Counselor will assist in the processing of registrations, resulting billing processes, and counseling of students and families.
The SS Counselor will also serve as a primary member of the Student Services division, ensuring student centered service in meeting the needs of traditional, non-traditional, adult and minority student populations.
- Process the daily workflow of the Student Services staff; assist with projects and assignments from the Systems Management Operations staff, the Business Operations staff, and the Student Services staff, in an organized and consistent manner as outlined by the Vice President and the Executive Director.
- Counsel students and families, detailing the Student Financial Services processes, including but not limited to student admissions eligibility, student aid eligibility, SAP requirements, enrollment requirements, packaging policies, registration & subsequent billing processes, and R2T4 calculations, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of financial aid regulations, along with registration, enrollment, disbursement and refund (financial aid related) regulations. Must keep abreast of ever changing federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies; ensure institutional policies and procedures are updated on a regular and consistent basis; ensure supporting staff are trained as regulations are updated.
- Complete Department of Education Verification processes for those selected. Very those with conflicting data. Make appropriate 'professional judgments' for those with special circumstances utilizing knowledge of detailed financial aid regulations and related experience. Manage registration, loan certification, and related outreach and processing efforts of subordinate Student Services staff members.
- Process daily payment and related receipts; including, not exclusively, book store voucher processes; collect resulting registration payments; issue appropriate receipts; post appropriate payments; issue applicable receipts; reconcile daily receipts; process refund requests and account corrections; sell parking permits; accept payments for special services.
- Process daily, term based, and annual registration related items, including but not limited to Census processes, NOA review processes, Grading Closeout processes, transfer credit processes, degree audit processes. Additionally, ensure aid eligibility and payment compliance is adhered as related to registration compliance, including but not limited to R2T4 calculations, return of funds, disbursement eligibility, etc.
- Assist with comprehensive registration and graduation related processes, ensuring timeliness and accurate processing as related to scheduling, transcript request generation, transfer credit processes, grading follow up processes, graduation follow up processes, bulletin development, etc.
- Perform various tasks as assigned for Enrollment Management activities, such as: Open House, Accepted Students Days, Scholarship Events, etc.
Education Required or Min Education Required:
Bachelor's degree required.
Experience and/or Skills Required:
- Minimum of two to three years experience of higher education related experience required.
- Must have experience in Banner, and be proficient with the internet, Microsoft Office Suite, and multiple Department of Education software products.
- Broad knowledge of financial aid specific and related regulations (federal and state) required.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication, problem-solving, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of detail-orientation, customer service orientation, ability to work independently, ability to manage great levels of responsibility required.
- Ability to work long hours, including weekends and evenings as required.
Master's degree preferred.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interested candidates must apply online at https://jobs.mercy.edu and attach a cover letter stating salary requirement and resume. AA/EOE.
Mercy College - 18 months ago