The U.S. Department of Agriculture-Agriculture Research Service located at 920 Valley Road, Reno, Nevada 89512, seeks an organized, dependable, detail-oriented, and self-directed student worker for up to twenty hours per week of clerical and administrative assistance. This position provides clerical and administrative support services to the Research Leader and the Research Unit. USDA / ARS is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
• Uses office automation equipment and software to type final, error-free documents, ensuring correct punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and grammar;
• Maintains and purges office files, directives, and reference materials;
• Receives incoming telephone calls and visitors and refers them to appropriate staff member(s);
• Receives, reviews, and routes incoming mail to office staff;
• Order office supplies and materials;
• Provide general clerical support and performs various office duties.
Start Date: As soon as possible. The incumbent is expected to work up to 20 hours per week, 1:00-5:00PM on Monday through Friday, but can accommodate classes. We are located at University of Nevada Experiment Station complex at 920 Valley Road, part of the University of Nevada, Reno campus. http://www.ars.usda.gov/Main/site_main.htm?modecode=53-47-00-00
Required Qualifications: The successful candidate will be familiar with the expectations of a clerical position, including filing, telephone etiquette, and interacting with employees, students, and the public. Experience with Microsoft Office programs and desktop publishing are preferred, as are good writing and spelling skills. Regular hours (1:00-5:00PM, Monday through Friday), but can accommodate classes. A FULLY QUALIFIED TYPIST ( MINIMUM TYPING SPEED OF 40 WORDS PER MINUTE ) IS REQUIRED . YOU MUST SELF - CERTIFY TYPING SPEED PROFICIENCY ON YOUR APPLICATION . On-line certification will suffice.
USDA / ARS is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Students must be currently enrolled and accepted for enrollment at least 6 credits at UNR . Must be at least 16 years old and must be a U.S. Citizen.
Contact Information for this Position
Mark Weltz, 784-6057, Ext. 229, email@example.com.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please upload your cover letter, resume, list of three references, and unofficial transcripts.
Responsible Search Coordinator