Perform engineering and design duties, which require application of engineering principles and knowledge of substation design
Education / Experience
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university, with a power background preferred.
Preferred licensed professional engineer. If registered in a state other than where the engineer will practice, the employee must be able to obtain a license within one year of date of hire.
Five years of related experience and/or proven knowledge in power engineering and design is required; ten years of experience is preferred.
Possess skills in the following areas:
· Develop the layout of high voltage electrical substations
· Develop Electrical Plan, Section and Detail drawings
· Develop Conduit Plan and Detail drawings. Perform conduit fill calculations
· Devolop Grounding Plan and Detail drawings. Perform grounding calculations
· Lightning Protection design utilizng Rolling Sphere methodology
· Creation of bills of material for all aspects of outdoor physical design
· Knowledge and understanding of three phase power systems
· Knowledge and understanding of substation components and their functions
· Knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
· Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
· Knowledge of common word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software
· Working in a team environment
· Communicating effectively with co-workers, vendors, clients, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
· Work with project team to create all design documents and drawings for a project, including d applying field mark-ups of project as-built drawings with minimal supervision
· Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, lightning protection, and area lighting with minimal supervision
· Review project schedules and work with project engineer to insure projects remain on schedule
· Apply engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
· Properly use the document management system
· Apply corporate standard engineering practices
· Supervise project activities
· Communicate and coordinate project activities with project engineer, customer representatives, and others as needed
· Spend time at job sites to gain hands-on knowledge and additional training in substation construction and design
· Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
· Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of the responsible party
· Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
· Other duties as assigned
Dashiell - 12 months ago
Dashiell specializes in designing, building, testing, and maintaining high and medium voltage electrical systems for utilities, power...