Responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of substations. Accountable to a lead or foreman level technician for all substation maintenance, training and operation functions. |
Requirements listed below are for Journey Level Substation Technician position. Requirements for the Substation Technician I - IV are similar but less in overall experience.
1. Six (6) years of combined education and experience in the electrical and electronic field. This would consist of:
a. The equivalent of technical training received in an Associate Degree Program in Electronics Engineering Technology with advanced studies in industrial electrical, Electro-mechanical controls, hydraulic, phuematic devices, and digital systems control logic;
b. Four (4) years of practical experience and/or be able to demonstrate knowledge in maintenance of industrial electrical- electromechanical-hydraulic-pneumatic-electronic control equipment which must include: Two (2) years and/or the equivalent knowledge of electric power substation apparatus maintenance experience involving testing of power transformers, testing and repairing of power circuit breakers and electrical insulation system testing and repair.
c. Must be capable of satisfactorily interpreting electrical schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams and control logic.
2. Possess a considerable degree of skill to perform work by following standard method of procedure.
3. Be able to exercise judgement in frequently making decisions and regularly directing a group of workers.
4. Must be recommended for this position by foreman, superintendent, and regional maintenance manager.
5. Have good health and physical ability adequate for strenuous work.
6. Have thorough knowledge of the practices used in the electric power industry.
7. Be capable of applying artificial respiration and be able to render practical first aid.
8. Be willing and able to work extra and irregular hours as the utility needs may require, and willing to work under unusual or special working conditions; storms, extreme temperatures, winds, darkness, etc.
9. Must reside within a 60 minute response time of the base location.
10. Must have a satisfactory work record.
How To Apply
Go to www.tristategt.org/ and click on the 'Careers' Link. Search for Job and click 'Apply Now' Icon. You will be required to register in order to apply.
Amount of Travel
Up to 75%
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association Inc. - 16 months ago
Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association is a wholesale electric power supplier owned by the 44 electric cooperatives that it...