Twin Oaks Community Services is currently seeking a qualified and compassionate individual to fill our Substitute Residential Assistant position at our HOPE Group Home. HOPE provides a structured environment for co-ed adults 21 and older who are suffering with Borderline Personality Disorder.
The potential candidate must have the abilities to teach daily living skills / self help skills; communicate effectively with peers and supervisors; convey respect; and develop therapeutic relationships with consumers, including nonverbal.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Substitute Residential Assistant is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Provide supervision, guidance, and direction to consumers within the home;
• Record significant shift happenings/observations in daily log;
• Monitor each consumer and attend to consumers’ needs throughout the shift;
• Responsible for distribution and documentation of all medications scheduled during the shift;
• Provide training/direction, supervision and assistance with daily routine, i.e. hygiene, grooming, dressing, meal preparation, laundry and household chores;
• Be knowledgeable of and participate in developing implementing the individual treatment plan for each consumer;
• Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and other meetings directed by the Program Supervisor;
• Participate in on-going training to learn various behavior management methods and techniques.
Come join a team of professionals where improving the quality of life for our consumers makes the difference! We continue to open new programs, creating more jobs for the un-employed and provide our staff stability and opportunities to advance within the organization!
Twin Oaks offers competitive salaries, Medical and Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Plans and excellent Time Benefits for qualified positions!
*All positions require a valid driver’s license in good standing, pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
Twin Oaks Community Services considers applicants for all positions without regard to: race; color; religion; sex; national origin; age; sexual orientation; marital or veteran status; the presence of a medical condition, genetic information or handicap, unrelated to performing the tasks of the job; or any other legally protected status.
High school diploma or equivalent plus 6 months experience working with developmentally disabled individuals; Possession of a valid Driver’s License in good standing required; must be at least 18 years of age.
Twin Oaks Community Services - 12 months ago