Charter Substitute Teacher Network (CSTN) is hiring for substitute teachers to serve a variety of innovative schools across the City of Chicago. CSTN is looking for teachers with previous teaching experience who are passionate about working with students and have the ability to foster a safe and productive learning environment. Teachers looking for substitute teaching roles or full-time positions will be considered. Positions are available for classrooms spanning from Kindergarten through 12th grade, in general education as well as special education.
- Execute lesson plan instructions from the classroom teacher, and/or create lesson plans in absence of a prepared lesson; ensure all material is covered
- Create and maintain a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and productive learning environment in accordance with school policies
- Create and maintain a climate of respect and fairness for all students
- Communicate daily outcomes to classroom teacher through substitute log
- Respond and report to “call-ins” in a timely manner
- Maintain professional appearance that adheres to school policies
- An active Illinois State Teaching Certificate
- At least 1 year of teaching and/or substitute teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree(s) or higher
- Ability to establish professional working relationships with students and staff
- Excellent promptness and time management skills
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Must be located in or in close proximity to the City of Chicago
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to the email address listed
The mission of CSTN is to enhance student learning by providing high-quality substitute teachers to schools through a timely, personal, and...