Assures girls are provided the opportunity to learn and achieve academic success by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT OF CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
· Keeps up to date regarding curriculum content.
· Understands how to plan for effective classroom instruction by utilizing higher level thinking/reasoning skills, central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline and developmental tasks.
· Creates learning experiences which foster meaningful learning experiences for girls.
· Creates lesson plans that effectively utilize all materials and resources available to achieve the objectives of the curriculum and adheres to Sunshine State Standards and district pupil progression.
· Plans assessment and monitors progress of student learning effectively.
· Monitors girls' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate.
EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT
· Creates an environment that is conducive for student learning and involvement.
· Maintains appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect and safety.
· Adheres to the PACE, Inc. (or center specific) Behavior Management System.
· Fosters a gender responsive classroom or learning environment.
· Creates learning objectives that are clear and relevant to girls.
· Uses innovative, appropriate, and differentiated instructional techniques and strategies.
· Uses appropriate questioning techniques.
· Implements innovative approaches, evaluates and refines instructional strategies
including the effective integration of technologies to enhance learning opportunities.
ACADEMIC ADVISING – THE PROMOTION OF HIGH STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS FOR MEMBERS OF ADVISEE GROUP
· Develops reviews, modifies, communicates and updates learning goals, standards and expectations with the girls.
· Promotes confidence and perseverance in the student that stimulate increased personal student responsibility for achieving the goals of the curriculum.
· Promotes graduation requirements, necessity of obtaining credits, achieving a strong GPA, college readiness, etc.
PROMOTION OF EQUITY AND APPRECIATION OF DIVERSITY
· Strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning.
· Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among
· Fosters and maintains a gender responsive environment.
FULFILLMENT OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrates professional and cooperative in interactions with parents while being receptive to their contributions.
· Shares responsibility, works collaboratively and constructively with colleagues for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her teacher assignment, center and school district.
· Takes on role of a reflective and continuous learner.
· Facilitates student learning and growth by ensuring students are working towards meeting their IAP goals as well as mastering benchmarking/standards.
· Utilizes data to assess the progress and academic growth of girls.
· Enters girl progress into ETO (using real time data entry timeframes and DAP2 Model of documentation).
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree. Major in subject being taught or related area. Education degree preferred.
· Current Florida State Teacher’s Certification.
· Attains and/or maintains certification and endorsements by required deadlines.
· Minimum one year teaching experience, preferably in an at-risk youth environment.
· Valid Florida ID or Florida Drivers License.
· Knowledge of state and school districts policies, preferred.
· Knowledge of laws relating to children and families.
· Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
· Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency and 6B-1.001 Code of Ethics of the Education Profession in Florida.
· Follows policies and procedures of the Agency.
PACE Center for Girls - 13 months ago