Each year, one third of Americas children arrive at their first day of school without the skills necessary to succeed at grade level. When children begin school behind their peers, catching up, especially without additional assistance, is difficult and unlikely.
Jumpstart for Young Children is a national early education organization that works toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. Jumpstart partners with universities and community organizations around the country to provide quality tutoring to preschoolers from disadvantaged communities. Jumpstart inspires children to learn, adults to teach, families to get involved, and communities to progress together.
There are currently unpaid internship positions available at Jumpstarts regional office near Olympic and Union, just west of downtown Los Angeles. The office is easily accessible by public transportation from USC. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly indicate the position you are applying for.
The Jumpstart Fundraising and Development Fellow will be a key part of the Los Angeles team, working on crucial fundraising campaigns and finding new opportunities for partnerships with corporations and foundations in Los Angeles. This position requires the skill to communicate in a clear and compelling way, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to think creatively. The Development Fellow must be able to devote at least 15 hours per week during the summer. This role will help develop the Fellows writing skills, understanding of non-profit organization management, and ability to communicate externally.
· Identifying and researching individual, corporate and foundation supporters
· Researching early education statistics
· Interacting with funders, Corps members, and Jumpstart Alumni
· Assisting in maintaining Jumpstarts constituent database in Salesforce
· Assisting in communications and event planning
· Office duties as assigned
Benefits of Becoming a Jumpstart Intern
· Experience working for a fast-paced, nationwide nonprofit organization
· Assist in creating tools and systems required to sustain and grow an organization
· Learn valuable skills in community organization and professional communication
· Make a positive difference in your community
· Earn references
Jumpstart - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard