Salesforce is transforming the data industry by bringing together the leading providers of business data into a unified complete solution all delivered in one place, available online and natively through
. With this accurate and complete business data salespeople can be more productive and marketers can be more effective.
includes over 30 million accurate crowd-sourced business contacts from Jigsaw and over 200 million accurate company profiles from Dun & Bradstreet. The combination of contact and account data along with social insight is exactly what businesses need to succeed in today’s mobile, social and open world.
Working on the
business within Salesforce ensures you are working in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will be creating business applications that are changing the way that enterprises do business. As a fast growing company within Salesforce, our goal is to build an organization of smart and ambitious people, committed to our mission of building a billion dollar data business.
Location: San Mateo
As a Quality Engineering Summer Intern at
, you will get a chance to experience a world class engineering organization that is committed to delivering only the best product to its customers. You will be part of teams staffed with highly talented Product Managers, Software Developers and Software Quality Engineers who will challenge your intellect with the most innovative solutions to problems that are encountered by business data users. You will be expected to participate and provide feedback utilizing your technical design skills as well as your programming skills to build products and test automation frameworks that make building quality an ingrained part of our development cycle.
- Be part of a fast paced agile team in a scrum driven development model contributing to the goals of the team by taking up daily scrum tasks including test planning, design reviews, test automation and test execution to validate that our products meet our set standards of quality
- Participate in development of tools and processes (monitoring, automation, data manipulation, etc.) that will enable the successful automated validation for our software service. Enhance and upgrade functionality of our internal automation framework.
- Develop well-tuned code that meets our high engineering standards and adheres to as well as advances our well established clean code guiding principles
- Own a software quality engineering project over the course of the internship that will in some manner contribute towards ensuring that we are meeting our quality standards and delivering only the best products to our customers
- Enrolled in junior year or higher at a college/university or any year at a graduate school
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Hands-on exposure via academic or professional/internship experience with C#/Java development experience using OO methodologies
- Understanding of object-oriented programming/design
- Ability to maintain strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be a self-starter and possess strong sense of self-motivation
Internship Program Experience:
- Analytical, abstract, destructive thinking abilities
- Process orientation with a strong appreciation of high quality products
- Understanding of web services and web delivery model based architectures
- Projects / Courseware involving work on a web based software applications product
- Coursework in SQL and relational database concepts
During the 12-week internship you will have the opportunity to learn from and network with
employees and your peers in the program.
You will attend a brief Company orientation and will receive additional training from your team while on the job. Your learning experience will continue through lunch & learn events with executives, philanthropic and team building events, and networking events for interns and teams. In addition, you will be matched with a mentor to provide advice and guidance throughout the summer.
was recognized, for the third consecutive year in 2011, as one of
100 best places to work.
most innovative company and the
third fastest-growing technology company.
There’s never been a better time to explore an internship at
, equal talent always means equal opportunity.
salesforce.com - 14 months ago