As Summer Camp Site Director:
This is a temporary position responsible for overseeing a particular site for the Parkland Summer Camp Program. Work is preformed under the general direction of the Parks and Recreation Program Manager.
Functions & Duties:
- Supervise assistant Camp Director in daily reports, attendance, injury reports, behavior situations and parent involvement.
- Supervise Camp Counselors in planning, organizing and implementation of camp activities.
- Keeps Parks and Recreation Program Manager apprised of any camp problems concerning staff, participants or the camp activities.
- Meets with parents of campers if situation warrants.
- Regularly visits group activities in order to monitor activities and to interact with staff and campers.
- Provides direction and guidance to the employees working in the camp.
- Evaluates Assistant Director, Counselors and camp program at the conclusion of the season.
- Make suggestions and recommendations for improvements for the following season.
- Fills in wherever there is vacancy in order to ensure the program runs smoothly.
Qualifications & Competencies:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the theories of youth recreational activities and their application to the community needs.
- Knowledge of the occupational safety rules and regulations governing playgrounds or other facilities and the necessary precautionary measures.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of personnel involved in the Summer Camp Program.
- Ability to establish an maintain effective working relationships with employees,officials , participants, and the general public.
- Ability to express oneself orally and in writing.
Must be physically able to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions. Must posses the ability to speak or signal to convey or exchange information; see, write, read, and access city facilities.
Three years of experience in the field of recreation or a related field with two years of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Must have graduated from an accredited two year college with major coursework in Parks and Recreation, Education or closely related field.
Must be of good moral character and provide a positive attitude toward individuals with disabilities
Must have worked for the Parkland Kids Camp in the past as either an Assistant Camp Director or a Senior Counselor.
Must hold a current CPR/AED certificate and provide a copy of certificate.
Must work the entire eight (8) week program.
Must attend all Mandatory Camp Training Dates and Camp Open House one week prior to the start of camp. Time off requires prior approval.
Must be fingerprinted and pass the background check.
Must complete an interview with the Parks and Recreation Program Manager.
City of Parkland, FL - 23 months ago