Excellus is seeking highly motivated Information Technology (IT) / Business Technology (BT) summer interns for an 8-week professional engagement beginning June 3, 2013. The IT department is interested in providing opportunities for top notch technology students who are passionate about IT and interested in staying in Rochester for the summer, and possibly beyond, to further their practical work experience and skills, while bringing a fresh perspective and new ideas to our organization.
• Extend supplier management governance framework to next set of suppliers.
• Complete key supplier performance metrics and scorecards.
• Perform supplier spend analysis.
• Perform market and industry (Healthcare and IT) analysis to evaluate current and identify future potential strategic suppliers.
• Work with team on completing sourcing arrangements and contracting.
• Working with a technical mentor, provide support to key strategic projects.
• Work assignments and possible responsibilities will vary according to business need and departmental opportunities, in addition to student’s qualifications.
• Students participating in the internship will be placed into a position within areas of: BI solutions, web development, test engineering, rational administration, vendor management, applications, security, project management and technical solutions.
• Existing IT staff professionals will serve as technical mentors and will provide a valuable experience and insights for the successful intern candidate.
• Preferred major: Business Administration, IT.
• Currently enrolled as a student at an accredited university; minimum GPA of 3.0.
• Graduate student.
• Finance background and knowledge a plus
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment and deliver high quality work product.
• Ability to work well in a team establishing good working relationships with peers.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work at computer for two or more hours at a time.
• Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed.
• Ability to use a phone and/or TTD as needed.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -