*This position is interchangable with Summer Food Service Coordinator.
The Summer Food Service Monitor will work at DeKalb County's Parks and Recreation Centers under the supervision and guidance of the Recreation Program Manager. The Monitor will be responsible for monitoring assigned recreation centers Summer Lunch / Snack sites for compliance with established USDA and State regulations; and providing administrative support for the Summer Food Service Program office.
- Responsible for counting, serving and receiving meals.
- Ensures that food site personnel maintain records and required documents.
- Prepares reports of site visits, and visits all assigned locations.
- Ensures each location maintains program supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned relevant to Summer Lunch / Snack site operations.
- Previous experience working in a Summer Food Service Program or other program designed to offer nutritious and free meals to school-age youths.
- Previous experience working in an office providing administrative support OR working for a community-based organization.