Provides engineering services at a large multi-use professional complex. Must maintain a professional image & attitude in keeping the objectives of the company’s welfare. Must be able to take direction from supervisor and maintain positive relationships with management & non-management associates.
Practices and implements conduct in accordance with established policies and procedures and division motto of "Exceptional Service is Our Standard."
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Perform the following duties under the supervision and/or help of an engineer:
• Assists in any repairs and maintains buildings, grounds, fixtures, machinery and mechanical equipment, in building common areas and tenant areas.
• Assists in preventive maintenance duties in accordance with established program.
• May be required to lift and move objects 75- 100lbs
• Assist with plumbing duties including inspecting, installing, repairing and replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures.
• Assists with electrical duties include inspecting, maintaining, and repairing lighting, wiring and power circuits.
• Assists with carpentry duties include construction and repair of walls and partitions, drywall installation and repair, shelving and counter installation, repair of doors and associated door hardware (locksets and closers), etc.
• Assists with ceiling tile/grid repair and installation.
• Painting duties include drywall and plaster repair, painting, filling holes and cracks, wallpaper repair, installation and replacement, etc.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• HS diploma or High School Equivalency Certificate
• Full Time College student returning to school the following semester.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Government issued ID
• English speaking.
• Good communication & customer service skills.
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Forest City Enterprises - 30+ days ago
Forest City Enterprises, Inc. (Forest City) is engaged in the ownership, development, management and acquisition of commercial and residenti...