Anchor Bank is a family-owned, privately-held, Minnesota-based national bank, with 15 locations in the Twin Cities. Our independence lies at the very core of what we stand for as a banking institution because it permits us to have a long-term perspective yet allows us the flexibility to respond quickly to individual customer needs. Anchor Bank has been serving customers for over 40 years with a unique brand of top-quality, customer-focused, community-oriented financial service. We are committed to always doing the right thing when serving our customers, employees, community, and shareholders.
Anchor Bank is offering college students a chance to be a part of our team through the Anchor Bank Summer Internship Program. Our three month paid internship program is designed to provide an inside look at an area within the banking industry. Our interns will work on several projects that will provide valuable real-life work experience. A typical internship experience includes time spent in one of the following areas of the bank:
In addition, our summer interns work together on a community service project and are also are exposed to other areas of the business based on the interns interests.
- Sales and Marketing (SAM): the SAM intern will work with SAM leaders on different projects in the department. Departments would include Business & Personal Banking, Marketing, and Cash Management.
- Credit Analysis and Operations: the credit intern will work on projects consisting of completing ACH annual reviews, preparing business financial spreads and analyzing financial statement trends.
- Human Resources: the HR intern will help gain direct work experience with Anchor’s processes around recruiting, employee relations, wellness initiatives and HR/payroll system. In addition, this person will assist in creating a great summer internship experience. The HR intern must be willing to work at least 25 hours per week during Fall 2013.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in the banking and financial services industry, this is a great opportunity for you! Please apply by Friday, February 22, 2013. The internship program will last 12 weeks over the summer of 2013, approximately June-August.
- College student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other banking or business related degree
- Preferred expected graduation date of December 2013, May 2014, or December 2014
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 (transcript required at time of interview)
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college program
- Attention Freshman and Sophomores - while our paid intern candidates are typically juniors in college, unpaid part-time (20 hours/week) opportunities might be available this summer. Unpaid interns who are successful this summer will receive special consideration for next year's paid intern opportunities.
Anchor Bank is an EEO/AA employer.
- If you were referred by an Anchor employee, please make sure to include this information in the referral section of the application.
Anchor Bancorp, Inc. - 19 months ago