General Purpose: An intern within our Dispute Advisory & Forensic Services Group is expected to have assignments in a variety of industries and to receive some level of client exposure. Assignments may include forensic accounting, investigations, valuation, and litigation related projects which will typically support the delivery of expert witness testimony. Types of disputes may include, transactional/M&A disputes, forensic investigations, intellectual property disputes, labor and employment disputes, commercial damages (e.g., breach of contract) and related matters. An intern may also assist senior SRR practitioners with business development and marketing activities including the development of presentations, pitchbooks, proposals, and/or articles and the performance of research supporting such projects.
This is a paid internship requiring a minimum of 40 hours a week, based on a mutually agreeable schedule.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Performance of financial analysis and development of related models
- Review, organization, and analysis of case documentation, testimony, and court filings
- Performance of research functions
- Preparation of written reports and/or graphical exhibits
- Performance of quality control procedures for client deliverables
Education and/or Training:
- Ability to critically analyze financial statements, accounting records, tax returns, and other financial documents
- Understanding of financial documents used in day-to-day business operations and transactions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to critique alternative arguments/opinions
- Ability to conduct thorough research
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to work with changing client-imposed deadlines
- Pursuing a 4 year undergraduate degree with a concentration in accounting or finance
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.2
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
**An Equal Opportunity Employer**
Stout Risius Ross is committed to a policy of assuring that all applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned on the basis of qualifications and merit without discrimination based on any protected classification, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, handicap, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.