Introducing Endless Mobile, access for the next billion.
Our mission is simple: we are connecting the unconnected. We want to change the world. And we are having fun doing it. We believe there is eloquence in simplicity. Strength in understatement. Brilliance in humility. If you are dedicated and passionate about making a difference, and to building something incredible, we should talk.
About the Company
One of the greatest opportunities of our era is hardly known. A billion people have computers. Six billion don't. With the impending wave of smartphones, the next billion people will soon have computers in their pockets. This affords us the opportunity to change lives at a scale never before possible. Education, health, livelihood: these are the things that a smartphone means to people in China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and so many other parts of the globe. Endless Mobile is a company in San Francisco that exists to unlock the potential of smartphones in a powerful way that will impact the world. We have an incredible team, a cutting edge product, and unstoppable momentum. We are looking for a few amazing people to join us to change the world.
The Role: Summer Intern – Product/Industrial Design
Location: San Francisco, CA
You are, above all else, an artist. You love design challenges, beauty, and tinkering with whatever you’re designing until it is just right. You have excellent taste. The Summer Intern – Product/Industrial Design will design, prototype, and test a new product that is both functional and has visual appeal. The ideal candidate has a portfolio of compelling projects, an understanding of the unique challenges of designing products for the developing world, and a desire to change the world.
- Design, prototype, and test a new product and that product’s user experience
- Gather design criteria and feedback from our Chief of Product, our design team, and our users
- Make prototypes or working models by hand and/or using computerized prototyping equipment
- Test your prototypes, with analogous users nearby and by equipping our field staff in Brazil to test your designs with our users in Brazil
- Identify the suitability and availability of materials, and research manufacturing processes and market requirements
- Produce detailed, final drawings and specifications using dedicated computer software (e.g., CAD), including parts lists and prices
- Passion for beauty and usability; interest in the way people choose and use products
- Coursework towards a degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or equivalent experience
- Proven fluency and confidence in your design process
- Experience with rapid prototyping 3D designs and a bias toward action
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with CAD or another digital modeling tool
- Excellent communication skills
- Portfolio of design projects
- Passion for making an impact in the developing world
- Experience designing products for the developing world
- Proven experience taking a product from concept to shippable
- Working knowledge of how to design for both limited production and mass manufacturing
- Understanding of different materials and production methods
Endless Mobile - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
We are developing a platform to give computers to the next billion people in the developing world - not by donating them or lowering costs -...