Summer Intern 2013
- Requisition #: 202939501
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: I*NET Systems
- Job Group: Intern-Coop
- Job Grade: 007
- Job Code: 2177
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: MAHWAH, NJ 07430 - RAMAPO RIDGE I.S. CENTER
Computer Science Major - Grad 2014 or later
Are you a student looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking college students to join our team. If you are a highly motivated college student working on a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, or related major, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
The Summer Intern will work in the Linux Systems Programming: Communication Services department. The Linux Systems Programming team has Global responsibility for the configuration and support of all IP addresses, hostnames, and Domain Name resolution. The student will responsible for the following:
The successful Summer Intern will have worked with or have experience in:
- Participate in live hands on troubleshooting for the DNS/DHCP infrastructure
- Leverage MS Office for manipulating/converting data to .xml format
- Perform and execute System testing for internally developed Web Service
- Perform and execute system configuration changes using IPAM database GUI
- Managerial/Leadership work activities
- Attend and facilitate technical/business meetings – generate meeting summaries
- Perform specific system configuration audits
- Create new and update existing configuration/support documentation
- Update existing SharePoint site
- Weekly data mining and analysis of:
- I.S. Notifies
- HDFS logs
- Ad hoc Incidents
The Summer Intern must be able to work 32-40 during the summer (generally May through August).
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel) skills
- Knowledge for JAVA
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of computers and servers Hardware technology
- Strong analytical and communication skills both oral and written
- Programming knowledge a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite –Intermediate to Advanced (Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel)
- Good Technical Troubleshooting, Analytical and Communication Skills both oral and written
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, agile team, team player
- Leadership skills – Positive attitude, take charge mentality and good organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of Linux OS and Linux based Applications
- JAVA scripting/Programming ability to streamline repetitive tasks
The Summer Intern must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.
- Graduating December 2013, May 2014 or later.
UPS - 14 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...