LearnVest has a range of internship opportunities in various technology roles, including web development, enterprise Java development, analytics (algorithms, Java, Python, data sciences, natural language processing, machine learning), systems administration, as well as mobile development in IOS and Android. We are looking for seniors and graduate students majoring in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or related disciplines. Your major, while a useful guide, is less important than a passion for coding, hacking, problem-solving and most of all, having fun doing it in a collaborative/team setting. You’ll have the opportunity to experience life in a real rapid-growth tech startup in the heart of New York City, and there is almost a 100% chance that the impacts of the code you crank out over the summer will be experienced by hundreds of thousands of users before the summer is out. You’ll be working with some of the sharpest and most talented techies in the country. We live fast, code fast and push fast, and have a blast doing it!
- Work with the LearnVest technical team on the development of various LearnVest.com application
platform, as directed by supervisor.
- Collaborate with senior technical team members on design and architecture of new features, feature
enhancements and general improvements to the application.
- Work on small, targeted coding/hacking projects that prototype innovative future-state features and tools while simultaneously trying out new technologies and frameworks.
- Majoring in Computer Science or related field, either in senior year or graduate school.
- Programming skills and/or experience in at least one or two of the following:
- Perl/Shell scripting
- Systems administration - *nix, OSX, Windows
- Good understanding of database technology and concepts, good knowledge of SQL.
- Good understanding of core software concepts of object-oriented programming, algorithms, data
structures and design patterns.
- Experience in, and eagerness for, working in the rapid-fire environment of a young, dynamic startup.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to convey ideas and suggestions across multiple parties in the company.
- Familiar with JSON and REST.
- Knowledge of enterprise Java programming (J2EE)
- Experience with the WordPress platform.
LearnVest - 18 months ago