Candidate will work with the Core 3 UI team to develop SmartObjects™. SmartObjects are applications and widgets that run on Core 3 UI touch screens and interact with services in the cloud or on a Crestron Control System. Some examples of recently developed SmartObjects include:
As a SmartObject developer, the candidate will be responsible for
- Media Player app – This application allows an end user to control various devices.
- Weather app and widget – This application connects to a weather service and displays current and forecasted weather on a touch screen.
As part of the Core 3 UI team, the candidate will learn how to design and deliver software components. The candidate will be responsible for driving the success of their project.
- Designing the SmartObject™ based on requirements.
- Driving the UI/UX design.
- Developing the SmartObject™ on the Core 3 UI platform using ActionScript.
- Testing the SmartObject™ on various Crestron touch screens.
- Creating documentation for the SmartObject™.
Skills and Education Requirements:
The candidate must be a Computer Science or Engineering major in their sophomore or junior year as of Spring 2013. The candidate must be in the process of taking or have taken the following courses:
- Data Structures / Algorithms
- Software Engineering and Design
Crestron Electronics doesn't mind if its customers have control issues. The company provides hardware and software used to control and...