Firmware/Embedded Linux and Android Internship
Crestron is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Offering integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes. Crestron's leadership stems from its dedicated people who are committed to providing the best products, programs and services in the industry. This culmination of loyalty, devotion and innovation is what our dealers refer to as "The Crestron Experience."
Crestron’s firmware team is looking for a talented and self-motivated engineering student interested in embedded systems and firmware development
As a member of the firmware development team, your daily activities will include the full lifecycle of design, develop, modify, test, debug, and support the new as well as the existing firmware for all our control system products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time software and algorithms
· Work closely with Hardware, and Software design engineers to solve cross-functional design issues.
· Responsible for the maintenance of current firmware/software systems including enhancements on features and performance, troubleshooting, and bug fixing;
· Integrating software applications with new firmware platforms
· Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
Housing available for qualified candidates.
Skills and Education Requirements:
We need a creative engineering student, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. You will be working on a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
In addition we require:
C and C++ programming skills experience
Interest in developing and debugging applications and support software for Android , embedded Linux, or other real time operatings systems
Interest in developing and debugging software for microcontroller peripherals and systems (e.g. LCD controllers, boot loaders, interrupt and trap functions, serial and parallel interfaces, USB, Ethernet, EEPROM, etc.)
Experience with microprocessors, digital logic, communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, J1939, ISO11783, TCP/IP, etc.) are also beneficial.
Experience developing Android user interface applications is a plus.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills detail
· Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls
· Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
· Must have the ability to work in a fast moving environment
· Must possess a strong team orientation
· Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Crestron Electronics - 11 months ago