The Accounting Department intern's day to day responsibilities may include the following:
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- Assistance with month-end close process for the Corporate Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Accounts Payable teams which includes:
- Recording monthly journal entries into PeopleSoft financial system as directed by senior or experienced Accounting staff.
- Running monthly financial statements and other PeopleSoft/HFM reports and queries.
- Journal entry printing, scanning, and filing.
- Assistance with account reconciliations.
- Assistance with processing and maintenance of fixed asset data in the asset management system.
- Assistance with collections, billing, and cash application duties as directed by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor/Manager.
- Assistance with scanning and linking invoices for the Accounts Payable team.
- Assistance on tasks or special projects for other Accounting Department functions (Corporate Taxes, Financial Reporting, Accounting Compliance).
The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
The most advanced trading technology;
Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.