Summer Internship – R&D Cell Culture & Microbiology
AlloSource is a non-profit organization founded in 1994 on a promise to honor and respect the gift of donation by responsibly developing, processing and distributing life-saving and life-enhancing allografts for our communities. Today, each of our 400 employees continues to fulfill this promise through multi-shift, 360-day processing to the highest quality and service standards.
AlloSource is looking for a summer intern for our Accounting Department. The internship program is designed to give students the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience and to link classroom studies or work related knowledge in our work environment. Students will learn about the industry/profession, develop skills, make connections, and enhance their resume.
Students should have some relative school or work experience and must meet the following job requirements.
Purpose: To provide technical support to ongoing active research cell culture and microbiology R&D projects. The intern will learn and execute cell culture (eukaryotic) and microbiology (prokaryotic) laboratory related techniques per instruction of protocol and/or laboratory procedure.
1) The intern will learn and execute various laboratory techniques.
2) The intern will assist with microbial reduction study protocols.
3) The intern will assist with cell culture research and development activities.
4) The intern will record research results per good documentation practices within laboratory notebook.
· Education: 1-3 years college/university experience (biology based major preferred)
· Knowledge: Biology, Microbiology, Bioengineering
· Skills: cell culture, microbiology knowledge
· Abilities: Attention to detail, ability to follow procedures/protocols, analytical skills, aseptic technique.
· Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
· Must be ok working around human tissue and chemicals.
AlloSource offers equal opportunity employment to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Most of our employment opportunities are posted internally for employee’s consideration. AA EOE
All Internship positions are required to pass a drug test prior to working at AlloSource.
AlloSource - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -