Posting Job Title: Summer Internship - YNN Austin
Requisition #: 144306BR
Posting Location: Austin, TX, US
Area of Interest: Cable Television Production
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
YNN Austin offers opportunities to students who are motivated and eager to learn about broadcast journalism and gain valuable experience in a newsroom environment. We are looking for interns who will help plan, execute and coordinate various aspects of news media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Candidates for internships MUST:
- Reporting - Shadow reporters in the field, news writing, interviewing and assisting in the production of news stories.
- Photojournalism - Shadow photojournalists in the field, electronic news gathering, lighting and audio and non-linear digital editing.
- Producing - Shadow producers, news writing, work with reporters and anchors to determine story form and content, assemble newscasts.
- Sports - Shadow sports staff, sports writing, monitors and logs sports videos, videotape editing.
- Weather - Work closely with Meteorologist reporting local weather.
- Production - Work closely with master control operators and technical directors with video and audio transmission and quality control of on-air content.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive academic credits for the internship assignment.
- Have strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, leadership and organizational abilities.
- Maintain a professional appearance, be enthusiastic, and have a demonstrated interest in journalism and news.
- Be able to commit to interning approximately 16 hours per week.
- Coursework and previous internship experience in communications, journalism or related field is preferred.
- This is an UNPAID INTERNSHIP.
Specify the area or type of position you are interested and rationale for selecting this area in the cover letter. Interested students must complete the online application at www.timewarnercable.com/careers
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment.
FCC Unit_TWC: NWAUS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00347 - Austin Colorado
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 12 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...