Are you eager to put your studies in Construction to use in the real world? Then our Summer Internship in Construction may be just the opportunity you have been looking for! Help us in "Taking Care of the Way People Live" by working with our construction/development teams to deliver our newest communities in the DC metro area.
- Review plans and specifications with Superintendent
- Help develop construction schedules with Superintendent
- Monitors all day labor work, trash removal, and other general condition costs.
Relations – Fosters a cooperative and informative relationship with the following:
- Responsible for scheduling and tracking inspections
- Provides supervision and coordination of Subcontractors
- Monitors site utilization, services, and security throughout construction process
- Maintains inspection logs
- Gables Construction Team
- Gables Development Team
Must currently be pursuing a degree in Building Construction or a related field.
Safety and Risk Management
- Helps Superintendent enforce all Company Safety policies and procedures
- Helps maintain construction site in strict accordance with OSHA guidelines
- Monitors all safety equipment (barricades, safety railings, guard rails) safety guidelines,procedures, and job site conditions
- Identifies and corrects any safety issues or violations
- Responsible for delivery of completed units that meet quality standards
- Creates and distributes Punch Lists to Subcontractors
- Walks finished units with Management and turn over completed buildings
- Helps Superintendent monitor progress and quality of Subcontractor’s work
- Coordinates inspections with Building Inspectors and Subcontractors
- Works with Superintendent and Field Personnel to create labor harmony and teambuilding with Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of field office
- Maintains a clean job site free of unprotected hazards
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
- Exhibits fairness and professional ethics at all times to everyone
- Keeps an open line of communication with Superintendent offering support and assistance with daily activities.
Gables Residential - 23 months ago
Lion Gables Residential Trust (LGRT) is a privately-owned real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns, develops, and manages apartment...