Posting Job Title: Summer Internship- TWC Sports/SoCal- Chatsworth
Requisition #: 144376BR
Posting Location: Chatsworth, CA, US
Area of Interest: Cable Television Production
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Southern California Operations- West Region currently seeks an unpaid Production Interns, for our Original Programming Department in our Los Angeles, Glendora office.
This internship gives sports-minded students a close look at the local sports production involved with the On Campus,Varsity Rivals, Players Profiles, Behind the Scenes
and Game of the Week, full- length high school sports coverage.
Interns will work out of the following locations:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley office - 9260 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Chatsworth, CA 91311
- Involved in the preparation of the weekly sports show segments and filming highlights segments.
- Work side by side with producer's in-studio and on location at various high schools throughout, Los Angeles, Ventura and Orange counties.
- May also be assigned to work on Game of the Week, and assisting in all aspects of the production on location.
- Log and research local high school sports stories, observing and assisting in how local sports highlights are filmed, written and edited.
- Learn basic production functions and operations of the original programming department. This includes local sports, news and long form productions.
Candidates for internships must:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
- Must have strong interest in local sport.
- Be enrolled as a student in an accredited college or university and eligible to receive academic credit for the internship.
- Be 18 years of age, or older and be able to verify High school diploma or GED.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale) or higher.
- Supply Time Warner Cable Internship office with written verification of eligibility at start of internship.
- Be available at least two days per week, unless otherwise noted. Additional days and hours are permitted and will be coordinated with department supervisors.
- Requires excellent organizational and communication skills. Must be able to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment. Strong motivational and training skills with a desire to learn.
- Understanding of General computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point.)
- Must have adequate transportation.
Interested students must complete the online application at www.timewarnercable.com/careers.
Please submit the following to apply for an internship with Time Warner Cable: Completed application on line, one copy of resume outlining any other internship, degrees earned, work experience, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities, and a cover letter which must include:
Internships are part of a course of study offered by an accredited college, for which participants will receive academic credit and will be unpaid. Please note: Job placement is not part of the internship/program.
- Personal introduction
- Statement verifying eligibility to receive school credit for internship
- Your school's beginning and end dates for the semester during which you wish to intern
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment
FCC Unit_TWC: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID: 00060 - Chatsworth Topanga Canyon
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...