Create a legacy by working with idealistic, enthusiastic teens.
Every summer since 1979, a dynamic community is created at the Global Youth Village that emphasizes experiential learning and challenges young people to turn intercultural theory into practical action. This year 100+ youths (ages 14-18) and staff from around the world will participate. 2013 highlights include youth delegations from Indonesia and Iraq.
Workshops address issues concerning young people today, such as war and peace, arts & culture, distribution of world resources, prejudice, environmental concerns, and other social pressures. Cultural programming and cooperative living help participants learn to respect differences and discover similarities that transcend cultural, religious, and political barriers.
As of April 11, positions remain open for:
Dates: June 16 – July 31, 2013. (Select staff may start as early as June 13, others on June 19. This varies depending on job.)
- teachers / trainers - peace building, leadership & global issues
- administrative staff - event planning & coordination (theater background!), trip planning,
- cabin counselors/program specialists with skills in arts & crafts, pool life guarding, rock climbing, sports & recreation
- health care staff - lay or licensed
- food service staff for our whole foods, vegetarian kitchen - experienced and entry level.
All positions are residential and include housing and meals, plus a modest salary ranging between $225-$400 / week depending on role and experience.
idealist.org - 17 months ago