Summary: Under direct supervision of the Assistant Center Supervisor and related management team, performs customer service duties in the Zone & Fun Club of the Frisco Athletic Center. Monitors the activities of children in the Zone & Fun Club area, ensures safety policies and procedures are being followed.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assists with all activities, programs and child care within the Zone & Fun Club area attending to personal needs of the children.
· Monitors the drop-off and release of children within the Zone & Fun Club area.
· Responds to inquiries and complaints related to programs and services.
· Ensures Zone & Fun Club area is cleaned and maintained at all times.
· Opens and closes the Zone & Fun Club area according to established policies and procedures.
· Monitors childcare activities for participant compliance with health and safety rules.
· Prepares accident/incident reports when indicated.
· Answers and transfers phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
Other Important Duties:
· Provides information and directions regarding the facility and City to members and guests.
· Performs CPR, Rescue Breathing or First Aid as needed.
· Maintains and updates supply list for assigned area.
· Attends trainings and meetings as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of computers and related equipment, hardware and software.
· Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
· Skill in working with children and parents with patience and concern for safety.
· Skill in monitoring departmental health and safety policies and procedures.
· Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
· Skill in implementing departmental rule, procedures and objectives .
Job Requirements :
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D., and at least (6) six months experience working with children.
· Must possess current CPR and First Aid Certification within six months from date of employment.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug screening, background check and post-offer physical agility exam.
· May be required to possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Work is performed in office, Recreation Center, and outdoor environments.
· May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
· May work extended hours, evenings and weekends.
· May be subject to extended periods of standing, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting such as picking up children, setting up, conducting and cleaning up program activities, opening and closing facilities, meetings, and information booths at public events, or assisting with coordination and management of assigned activities at special events.
· May be required to change soiled diapers and/or clothing.
· May be subject to exposure to air and water borne pathogens, body fluids, and infectious diseases when applying CPR, First Aid or cleaning facilities.
· May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions and hazardous driving conditions.
· Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
· Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine and other standard office equipment, recreational equipment, cash register, cleaning supplies, and department vehicles.
City of Frisco - 19 months ago