The mission of Altria Group, Inc. is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria Group is the parent company of Philip Morris USA, the largest cigarette manufacturer in the United States, as well as U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton – recently acquired companies that offer leading brands in the growing moist smokeless tobacco and machine-made cigar categories. Altria Group Distribution Company’s role is to provide sales, distribution and consumer engagement services for Altria’s tobacco operating companies.
We are currently seeking a Summer Intern to join our Field Sales Force in Wixom, MI.
As a Summer Sales Intern, you will work within a specified geographical market interacting with customers in retail outlets. You will execute assigned duties requiring research, data collection and analysis. You will also work on assigned projects to analyze aspects of AGDC business.
Typical activities include:
- Selling and executing sales programs and promotions
- Assisting retailers with inventory management
- Consulting with retailers on profitability, presence (location, visibility, and advertising) and promotion (type, quantity, quality, frequency)
- Collaborating with sales force personnel to complete assigned projects
- Presenting findings and recommendations to AGDC management
- Retail/wholesale locations in assigned geography during their normal business hours
- Altria Group Distribution Company office facilities
- Overnight travel periodically, as business demands
In order to be successful in the Sales Intern role, individuals must possess strong interpersonal, negotiation, planning and organization skills. These skills in combination with a strong sense of work orientation and commitment to continuous improvement will result in successful job performance. We are seeking undergraduate students in an accredited college/university, preferably, but not limited to the status of a rising senior. You must have a valid driver's license in good standing as well as access to a vehicle, effective oral and written communication skills and well-developed mathematical and analytical skills. Summer Sales Interns are paid hourly and receive business-related mileage for the use of a personal vehicle.
Please note that we do not retain resumes submitted outside of our application process and in order to qualify for our internships or co-op assignments, you must be eligible to work full time within the United States without sponsorship.
Altria - 7 months ago