Biology – |
Summer School 2013
Are you looking for a stimulating summer teaching opportunity? One that will afford you the opportunity to be part of a growing program; teach a dynamic and exceptional curriculum; work with other talented educators; and work on a beautiful campus that is rich in history and technology?
Lakeside School’s Summer School Program is currently recruiting for Biology teacher . This is an introductory biology course. Students will learn to collect, analyze, and interpret information, as well as effectively communicate scientific concepts. Laboratory experiences are designed to enhance scientific literacy. Students will spend one week at IslandWood on Bainbridge Island continuing their studies and doing authentic field research. The teacher and a chaperone accompany the students for this five-day, overnight experience. This is a graded course, and students will earn one year of credit for this course. There will be about three hours of homework assigned each day. The position will be part time. The class will run June 24 - August 2, 8:30am - 12:30pm. There will be an orientation on Thursday, June 20.
Visit www.lakesideschool.org/summerschool to see full course descriptions of courses and camps offered during the summer of 2013.
- Create the curriculum for this course
- Create lesson plans for each day
- Supervise and instruct students during class time
- Provide individual support to students needing additional instruction
- Provide written comments at the end of the course for each student
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred, in biology
- Teaching experience with high-school level students
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience in working with a wide range of learning styles
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check
Compensation and Benefits
- Belief in setting high expectations for themselves and students
- Excellent communication and human relation skills
- Positive “Can do” attitude
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm
The salary is $6200. Lunch is included. The course will only run if enough students register. Enrollment will remain open until June 1. If the number of students enrolled is too small on June 1, the course will not run, and, therefore, the salary will not be paid.
Interested candidates should visit Lakeside’s Web site, www.lakesideschool.org , to apply online. To access the employment page, select the “about us” button from the home page. The application process will remain open until a qualified candidate has accepted an offer. Applicants being considered will be interviewed. Phone or Skype interviews are acceptable for candidates who are not local. For additional questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Chris Hartley, Summer School Programs director, by e-mail, email@example.com , or by phone, 206-440-2701. PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO CHRIS HARTLEY’S E-MAIL. Application materials need to be posted online.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to diversify its workplace.
Lakeside School is an independent coeducational day school offering a broad curriculum in the liberal arts. Founded in 1919, the school...