JOB TITLE: Summer Teacher – CASE Grant
REPORTS TO: Coordinator – CASE Grant
JOB GOAL :
We are looking for enthusiast leaders with experience teaching and supervising middle and high school students in a recreational and educational setting. These Summer Teachers will lead one or more enrichment or core classes, which are intended to engage students and get them moving, both physically and mentally.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Create an environment that facilitates the academic and physical achievement of YES students.
- Effectively create and deliver daily lesson plans
- Develop, promote and stimulate program participation
- Provide guidance and role modeling to students
- Work well with other team members
- Bring a positive and enthusiastic attitude in the work place
- Additional duties as assigned
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, Employee Field Guide expectations and code of ethical behavior as stated in the Field Guide;
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents;
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Qualified candidate must be at least 18 years old and currently enrolled or graduated from a 4-year university.
Skills and Mindsets
- Teaching and supervising children in a recreational and educational setting.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional
- Belief that every student can and will achieve
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Detail-oriented and self-directed
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION :
Length of Work Year:
This is a part-time, temporary, non-exempt, hourly position beginning on June 3, 2013 and ending on June 28, 2013. The schedule will be as follows:
4 weeks (June 3 rd – June 28 th )
M-F: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues. This temporary position is not eligible for benefits through YES Prep Public Schools.
* The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
For over seventeen years, YES Prep Public Schools has redefined what is possible in public education. With more than 10,000 college-bound...