BOARD OF EDUCATION
DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
ROOM 720 CITY HALL
BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #14-15 March 27, 2014
BUFFALO BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
POSITION: Summer School Typists - Temporary
LOCATION: Various School Buildings
YOU MUST BE A RESIDENT OF THE CITY OF BUFFALO FOR AT LEAST 90 DAYS PRIOR TO APPLICATION.
- Types correspondence, reports, documents, records and other materials from various sources under varying degrees of direction using equipment with the alphanumeric keyboard;
- sets up, makes adjustments and operates a variety of equipment in order to produce a typed copy from a variety of sources;
- proofreads typed copy and makes corrections;
- composes and types routine correspondence and memoranda from verbal and/or written instructions.
- Performs a variety of non-typing clerical tasks as assigned;
- Files and maintains records, reports and other documents:
- checks for clerical accuracy and completeness;
- opens, dates, sorts, distributes and files mail;
- sorts, indexes and files bills, requisitions, ledger cards and other material alphabetically and/or numerically;
- posts and makes entries from original sources and maintains records, bills, control cards and ledgers;
- makes file searches and pulls needed material.
- Issues and records licenses, permits and applications;
- Collects fees and accounts for monies received;
- Maintains time reports and payroll data;
- Assists in compiling data, statistics and other basic information for research purposes;
- Answers telephone or switchboard: takes messages and gives routine information;
- May act as receptionist, directing callers to proper persons or sources of information
- Inputs and retrieves data using a computer terminal;
- May operate copy machines, microfilm, simple computing and other office machines;
- Performs related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from High School, Business School, GED or Equivalency Diploma
including or supplemented by a course in typing or keyboarding.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Applicants must pass a qualifying keyboarding test at the rate of 35 wpm.
YOU MUST BE A RESIDENT OF THE CITY OF BUFFALO FOR AT LEAST 90 DAYS PRIOR TO
APPLICATIONS: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION ONLINE AT www.buffaloschools.org
APPOINTMENT: Appointments are subject to the approval of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the Civil Service Administration. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
The Buffalo Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FINAL FILING DATE: April 11, 2014
Director of Recruitment and Employment Services
Buffalo Public Schools Adult Education Division offers Allied Health Courses training programs for Nurse Aide / Nursing Assistant and...