We are one of America's premier railroad engineering and construction enterprises. Atlas has successfully completed over 2,200 contracts with a value in excess of $575 million. This experience guarantees our client's quality work, on time and within budget. Atlas' full service work capabilities are carried out by seasoned professionals using the most sophisticated methods and equipment.
Atlas Railroad Construction LLC is seeking an experienced railroad construction superintendent to ensure safe, efficient, and profitable railroad construction project completion. This position requires a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable quality results are needed. The work is highly precise in nature and requires a strong attention to detail. The position requires 100% travel throughout the U.S.
Two candidates are needed for the southeast and the northeast.
- High level of field construction knowledge in railroad construction and maintenance.
- Ability to interpret construction plans, specifications, and documents.
- Ability to work independently on a multiple project basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced field construction environment and to handle deadlines.
- Capability to meet or exceed budgets and production schedules.
- Must have the ability to work within FRA regulated areas that require the ability to perform at the highest level of safety.
*Atlas offers very competitive benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Bonus Opportunity
- 10 years of field operations experience with major railroad construction firm and/or a class I or regional short line railroad MOW division.
- High level of knowledge in field construction & railroad construction & maintenance.
- RWT safety experience/first aid & CPR certified.
- This position will require flexibility in work schedule as nights and weekends may be required due to the nature of the outages.
- Must have experience in track work, scheduling, cost control, crew management, materials, tools, and equipment management.
- High level of technical experience in construction related background.
- 5 years of previous supervisory experience
- Computer and communication skills required.
- Must be willing to travel.
Genesee & Wyoming (GWI) once relied on the salt of the earth -- hauling salt on a 14-mile railroad for one customer. Now, however, the...