Superintendent – |
This position will supervise all construction activities for several multifamily redevelopment projects in Manhattan, including: major unit upgrades, common area remodeling, new roofs and rooftop decks, Local Law 11 inspections and repairs, building façade improvements and coatings, new marquees, etc.
In brief summary, the Superintendent – Multfamily Redevelopment is responsible for overseeing the capital upgrade projects taking place in his/her geographic area of responsibility. Projects range from major construction to minor repairs. The Superintendent – Multfamily Redevelopment is responsible for supervising all contractors, vendors, and suppliers, scheduling all work, coordinating with community managers, assisting the Senior Project Manager with scope development and contractor selection, and managing the budgets of assigned projects. This is primarily a Roving position; however some time will be spent at the Regional Office for various tasks and projects.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission Values.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Senior Project Manager to prioritize and schedule capital projects
- Oversees the work of all contractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Assists the Senior Project Manager with development of project scopes and vendor selection
- Manages inventories of parts, materials, and supplies
- Ensures quality control of all capital project work
- Determines and sets scheduling with vendors and ensures timely completion
- Works within budgetary guidelines for all projects as determined by Senior Project Manager
- Works with Community Managers and Maintenance Supervisors to minimize the impact of Capital Projects on day to day community operations
- Travels daily to projects taking place in assigned area of responsibility
- Ensures that Capital projects are completed using safe practices at all times, conducts safety meetings with vendors and other Carmel associates as needed, ensures proper use of personal protective equipment
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Provides progress update reports and inventory control reports weekly or as needed
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Senior Project Manager
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years of construction management experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record required
- Previous experience/responsibilities for financial planning and management (maintenance or construction related) is a plus
- Proficient in Windows (Word and Excel), Internet and email, and other relevant applications
- Possesses thorough knowledge of what is needed to complete Construction projects through real world experience
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of construction and worksite safety
- Self-motivated with strong supervisory skills and the desire to lead by example
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Frequent travel by car/truck/mass transit
- Constant reading and comprehending
- Constant oral communication
- Frequent phone use
- Frequent reasoning and analyzing
- Frequent exposure to building construction
- Occasional lifting/carrying of 25 – 50 lbs
- Frequent walking/standing
- Frequent computer use (typing)