Administrative, supervisory, and responsible technical work as it pertains to Public Works activities.
Functions & Duties:
As Public Works Superintendent:
- Schedule and supervise the daily activities of the Public Works maintenance staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations as directed by Public Works Director.
- Perform inspections of Public Works projects and facilities.
- Establish schedules and management systems for all areas of re
- Investigate complaints by residents and takes appropriate action to correct deficiencies.
- Prepare reports, analyses, and recommendations for Public Works projects.
- Prepare detailed reports and record of Public Works activities.
Qualifications & Competencies:
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of budgetary development, administration, and control.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, techniques, and equipment used in modern Public Services project administration.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulatory codes related to public improvement projects and developments.
- Knowledge and application of City streets maintenance and repairs.
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years related experience.
- Possess a valid state of Florida Class “B” CDL driver’s license with an acceptable driving record or must be able to obtain Class “B” CDL within six (6) months of employment.
- Ability to establish attainable goals, objectives and work plans, to supervise and motivate subordinates to achieve goals and objectives in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to communicate to employee’s oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate a computer using Word, Outlook, and any other appropriate program.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, consultants and contractors, and the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to effectively and accurately communicate orally and in written form, including good spelling and grammatical skills.
- Must be able to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities concurrently.
- Must be efficient, a self-starter, an independent worker and possess good work habits.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects for short and long distances.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods under adverse environmental conditions.
- Outdoor work environment with exposure to direct sunlight and various outdoor elements.
- Required to sit, stand, lift, bend, stoop, talk, hear, walk, use hands to operate, finger, handle or feel objects, or controls, and reach with hands and arms, and push and pull heavy objects.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this position.
City of Parkland, FL - 18 months ago