McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is one of America’s oldest and largest construction firms – and since 2002 has been 100% employee owned. Unlike many firms of our size, we are True Builders; a fact which our clients appreciate since they continually come to us with their most complex building challenges. McCarthy has built in nearly every state, with projects ranging in size from $1 million to $500 million in a wide variety of markets including healthcare, university, laboratory & science, K-12 education and heavy/civil. We have projects throughout the country.
Our Texas Group is currently seeking Civil Project Superintendents to work on complex Civil projects throughout Texas including Houston, San Antonio and Dallas, Texas.
The qualified Project Superintendent will have experience working with Civil projects ranging from 25 million and up. The Project Superintendent will oversee construction of the project, leading the staff in the construction, provide leadership to the project staff and ensure quality and safety. The Project Superintendent is responsible for the timely completion of the Project and maintaining constant communication with the client.
Other duties include:
• Participate with Project Director and Estimating in development of a Project Chart of Accounts
• Develop detailed Project Contract status report
• Coordinate with Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
Coordinate with Scheduling Department in the development and thorough updates of the project schedule.
• Maintain thorough understanding of the McCarthy/Owner contract
• Oversee the pay request process
• Monitor project costs and Job Cost Report
• Analyze and forecast quarterly Total Cost Projection reports
• Implement and monitor training of all staff personnel
• Monitor project labor
• Review and approve material, forming system and equipment needs
• Assist Estimating in bidding projects
• Implement applicable safety, EEO and Affirmative Action programs
• Lead the project’s quality process
• Develop, schedule and lead project close-out processes
• 7+ Years of Civil Construction experience required
• Experience with Civil projects including bridges, marines, and heavy/civil.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Engineering required
• General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
• Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
• Experience leading successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
McCarthy - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -