The foundation of Adolfson & Peterson Construction is
our people. Our firm has been voted a Top 5 'Best Place
to Work' by the Phoenix Business Journal in 5 of the
last 6 years. We are looking for individuals with
talent, initiative and drive to help take our company to
new levels of expertise. If you're looking for an
exceptional opportunity with a company that offers
numerous career experiences nationally, Adolfson &
Peterson may be the place for you.
We have an excellent opportunity available in our West
Coast region, located in Los Angeles, CA for the right
candidate to become our newest superintendent overseeing
Multi-Family/Senior Housing construction projects
located throughout Southern California. The
Superintendent position will manage and control assigned
projects, including oversight of field operations, site
safety, schedule, QA/QC program, trade contractor and
supplier coordination and work in conjunction with the
Project Manager leading the project team. The
Superintendent reports directly to the General
Please provide project listing of past experience,
listing owner, architect, project name, contract value,
start/completion date, and market (K-12, higher
education, correctional, healthcare, multi-family
housing, etc.) when submitting resume.
involvement in local organizations
- Maintain a network of possible clients via
presentation of firm qualifications, with specific
- Actively participate in preparations and
focus on constructability based on review of the
proposed project location.
and activity duration on schedules for proposed
- Prepare preliminary schedule by determining sequence
- Actively looks for project leads via established
- Attend at least one external industry organization.
construction project and communicate with entire
- Identify the owner’s specific goals for the
field project team
architect throughout the project(s).
- Maintain positive relationship with the owner and
- Provide technical expertise throughout the
- Participate in the Constructability review.
- Assist in the management of the Pre Construction
- Have involvement in the estimate.
- Prepare scopes of work for use in the bid packages
implemented by all project personnel and trade
- Ensure job safety requirements are understood and
contractors, working with the A&P safety support
personnel as a resource.
MSDS information in the trade contractor start-up
- Lead on-site safety meetings.
- Review the trade contractors’ safety program and
the jobsite. Report all safety incidents to A&P
- Actively monitor and correct ALL safety hazards at
constructability and construction schedules and
- Review the plans and specifications for
advise the project team of issues or deficiencies.
- Understand the contractual terms between A&P and the
work for all trade contractors and suppliers.
- Understand project estimate and budget set-up.
- Responsible for drafting the subcontract scopes of
upon request by preconstruction department
- Assist in quantity takeoff and pricing estimates,
schedule with sequence and activity duration
- Prepare, manage and update the detailed project
including procurement items.
equipment necessary for the project.
- Schedules and procures resources, tools and
- Mentor and train other employees.
- Actively manage and train subcontractors on the
procedures with the Project Manager, Owner and
- Establish the punchlist process and close-out
Architect before trade contractor work starts.
Maintain a Zero Punchlist.
vocational school or college preferred.
- High school degree required, with degree from
and must have Multi-Family/Sr. Housing
- 8 to 10 years related experience or equivalent role
(Prolog, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Sure
- Familiarity with construction management software
Trak, AutoCad, Revit)
- Proficient in understanding building plans and
- Proficient in the utilization of Total Station
management and company administration staff.
- Value engineering and life cycle costing.
- Team player with field supervision, project
standards that exceed federal requirements
- Knowledge and enforcement of Company safety
time pressure situations.Self starter with ability
- Ability to remain calm, focused and effective under
to set goals and tasks with strong leadership
**No Outside Agencies**
**No Phone Calls Please**
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Opportunity
Req. Code : 340
Division/Department : A&P
Skills : Construction - > Superintendent
Adolfson & Peterson - 21 months ago