Education: A high school education or equivalent is required. Position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform essential maintenance functions.
Training: HVAC accredited, CPO Certification.
Experience: Must have three to five years of apartment maintenance experience
Skills: Efficiency, attention to detail and a sense of urgency in completing job tasks. In addition the position requires the following:
- Must be proficient in heating and air conditioning, plumbing, appliance repair, and in many other areas of repair, which are performed on a daily basis.
- Must have a sense of pride about a job well done, be courteous and tactful, and have a commitment to quality work.
- Must be clean cut, neatly dressed, and wear proper uniform and shoes.
- Must have good character and background that can stand up under a thorough background check.
- Must take and pass a drug-screening test.
- Must be able to communicate to Residents, both verbally and in writing, and receive residents’ concerns in a calm and open manner.
- Must have dependable transportation; i.e., a truck or van capable of carrying tools and parts to ensure an efficient use of time to provide proper building maintenance.
- Must take and pass the EPA technician certification exam.