Under the direct supervision of the Chief Ophthalmic Tech and Operations Managers, the Technician Trainer will develop, manage and implement a comprehensive technician training program. Responsibilities include direct supervision of all level 1 ophthalmic technical staff ( » 8 to 10) to ensure efficient patient flow and overall quality patient care.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification required as Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
- Minimum three years of full-time experience as an ophthalmic tech and experience training techs in an ophthamic office setting. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of management and supervision;
- Ability to supervise work of subordinates and maintain optimal patient flow
- Knowledge of information systems and personal computers;
- Ability to analyze data and other information;
- Ability to prepare written reports, studies, and recommendations;
- Ability to communicate effectively in formal and oral presentations
Boston Medical Center - 14 months ago