GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge fab in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Engineering Section Managers to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. You will be responsible for leading a shift team of employees to maximize the quality and process capabilities of a highly automated, wafer fabrication facility. The CFM Department is responsible for in-line quality checks, focusing on defect detection and identification using Darkfield and Brightfield inspection tools and Scanning electron microscopes. These positions work a compressed work shift (12 hour shift, 3 days working, 4 days off, 4 days working, 3 days off). Individuals must be willing to work any shift – day or night.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure a safe work environment and help build a culture where safety is the first priority
- Be an active leader in safety programs and help ensure compliance with EHS rules by visitors, contractors and employees at GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab8
- Lead a team of technicians and shift engineers providing day-to-day operations support for the specifically assigned module
- Coordinate daily technician and engineering activities on-shift to meet manufacturing objectives
- Coordinate training to develop shift employees to safely perform their respective job assignments
- Closely interface with contractors and service providers who will provide specific maintenance or job functions
- Closely interface with the production staff to ensure key deliverables are being met.
- Identify ways to control costs while sustaining and improving operational systems for Fab operation.
- Coordinate and ensure continuous improvement of housekeeping, safety, environmental compliance, quality and cost within his/her shift consistent with overall department goals.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning
- Administer employment policies and procedures to ensure a positive work environment
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve production, quality, or maintenance issues
- Actively participate in work teams and committees that are established to improve the overall efficiency or safety performance of the department
- Develop and enforce effective preventive maintenance and safety procedures
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering to review daily goals/priorities, project statuses, and qualification timelines.
- Lead engineering and development activities to achieve the desired WIP turns and cycle time goals.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to optimize processes with regards to process stability and wafer yield.
- Support operational execution and technology development
- Complete performance evaluations and career development plans
- Relentlessly drive efficiencies
- Establish and execute specific department plans and strategies to support the fab to achieve manufacturing KPIs. These include cycle time, line yield, and OEE (overall equipment efficiency)
- Participate in a "Continuous Improvement" program and follow "Lean Manufacturing" practices in the department to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Support Fab8’s efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture.
- BS degree in Engineering or other technical field with a minimum of five years experience as a Process or Equipment Engineer or MS degree in Engineering with a minimum of three years experience as Shift Process or Equipment Engineer in a semiconductor facility
- Previous leadership experience in a highly technical manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self starter
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage a Shift team of engineers, process technicians and maintenance technicians
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
- Individual must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint …).
- Other responsibilities as directed by management
- Previous wafer fab start-up experience
- Previous semiconductor engineering management experience
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 9 months ago