To supervise daily activity within the facility while maintaining the highest possible productivity and quality levels. To constantly monitor facility safety and security to provide the most secure safe environment for employees. To communicate all processing, safety, security, and customer issues to Management and/or client services.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Supervise daily operations in a fast-paced and continuously changing production – warehouse environment utilizing a warehouse management system in a crossdock operation.
- Oversee a shift of over 20 employees.
- Compile department productivity statistics on a scheduled basis.
- Train and schedule full-time, part-time, and temporary warehouse personnel
- Coordinate daily departmental activities.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot department equipment, i.e. material handling equipment; such as the forklift and pallet jack
- Complete departmental work as needed.
- Project and maintain proper staffing and make recommendations to management.
- Monitor inbound warehouse inventory and the flow of product to the processors.
- Coordinate and oversee the processing of disposition product with Manager.
- Maintain high standards for safety, security, and quality practices in the work environment.
- Work in conjunction with systems support on daily upkeep and maintenance of computer system.
- Monitor opening, closing, and breaks to insure proper compliance by all employees.
- Establish and maintain departmental production standards, and maintain established quality and accuracy levels.
- Operate facility in strict accordance with all SOP’s.
- Report all customer issues to Management and/or client services in a timely manner.
- Monitor employee performance and make salary recommendations.
- Perform client presentations/warehouse tours in conjunction with Manager.
- Report all attendance variances for employees in accordance with Company attendance policy; approve time off for department employees while considering departmental production needs and all Company policies.
- Maximize department performance by effectively interviewing, selecting, training, appraising, coaching, and counseling employees.
- Discipline employees in conjunction with Manager and/or the Great Teams! Department.
- Maintain accurate, factual, and thorough employee performance and attendance records, and documentation of counseling/coaching exchanges.
- Contribute to employee development by providing training, coaching, and promotiona opportunities.
- Assure that deadlines are met by monitoring and directing department activities and making adjustments in staffing and priorities.
- Update and maintain all manuals, forms, and files associated with department operations.
- Responsible for providing employees with training/business updates as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to delegate and prioritize work.
- Working knowledge of computers and programs specific to operations and operations reporting including MS Office (Excel, MS Word)
- Experience operating a warehouse management system in a cross dock operation.
- Ability to operate manterial handling equipment.
- Knowledge of the operation of RF guns.
- Knowledge of warehouse safety and security practices.
- Ability to transport Hazardous Waste, sign Hazardous Waste manifests, and serve the facility as Emergency Coordinator.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
Frequently required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Frequently required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, or Finance; or High School diploma or its equivalent with a minimum of one (1) year managerial/supervisory experience in the pharmaceutical, logistics, manufacturing, trucking, or warehouse industry; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required
Inmar - 4 months ago