Tiffany & Co. is currently seeking a Supervisor, Accounts Payable. The Supervisor will be responsible for related activities which include all necessary activities to process invoices and payments while supervising accounts payable staff, maintaining related records, preparing special reports for management and ensuring all processes are executed appropriately in a timely manner and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Supervisor is the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues and continuously looks for improvements in operational processes, designs and implements while ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to both internal and external customers.
- Supervises and leads the accounts payable team in all daily accounts payable functions (issue checks, manual check requests, distribution activities, purchase orders, etc.). Ensures that invoice transactions are processed and paid timely and accurately while adequate procedures are maintained for the collection, filing and processing of accounts payable invoices, vendor records and payments while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Completes the monthly close of AP financial records accurately and timely while overseeing vendor statements and aged payables to ensure that TCO’s liabilities are properly recorded and reconciled.
- Maintains the company’s accounts payable vouchering and disbursement process, complete the annual 1099 filing and maintain positive vendor relations by timely well communicated resolution of issues.
- Provides accounting assistance and training to AP personnel regarding systems, the proper account codes and vendor classification and provides AP and accounting assistance to answer financial questions or concerns. Responsible to investigate, research and resolve issues or concerns pertaining to accounts payable charges, disbursements and refunds.
- Collaborates with tax and audit departments on various projects throughout the year.
- Supervises and mentors staff, including training employees and evaluating employee performance while enhancing staff performance, quality and productivity. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions with the AP Manager. Develops and maintains a harmonious environment while fostering a sense of team
- Maintains documentation on procedures and policies for AP transactions. Ensures that the proper financial information is maintained for historical purposes and in accordance with the company’s record retention policies. Responsible for SOX compliance related to the AP department. Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations governing AP payments.
The qualified individual for this position must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of accounts payable experience
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Previous JDEdwards 8.12 experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal/written communication
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be a self-starter, analytical thinker and able to motivate others
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
- Accounts Payable Certification (CAPA) preferred
Tiffany & Co. operates jewelry and specialty retail stores and manufactures products through its subsidiary corporations. Its principal...