Intermediate Supervisor: Retail - |
Experience of a Lifetime . More than just our mission, these words describe Vail Resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work for Vail Resorts and its subsidiary SSV, is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
The Supervisor is responsible for supplying our guests with our premier rental equipment and to promote world-class guest service through each rental/retail transaction. The appropriate candidate will be part of a cohesive team with pride, productivity, professionalism. Will also adhere to policies and guidelines, and accountability at all times, and will work diligently to maintain the operational and merchandising standards and expectations of the company.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Generate sales, demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Assist Store Manager in maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Administer company policies and guidelines
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and controlling a daily payroll budget
- Maintain merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Assist inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- A minimum of 2 years of retail experience - required
- Previous bike shop experience - strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint - required
- Supervisory experience - required
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to our guests
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends - required
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
Learn more about Specialty Sports Venture
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 180 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range, Minneapolis and the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Free ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
- Excellent training and professional development
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Value. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 7 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...