If you are searching for an INNOVATIVE, LONG-STANDING, ENVIRONMENTALLY-RESPONSIBLE organization to work for...SEARCH NO MORE!
New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG) an affiliate of Iberdrola S.A. which is the LARGEST RENEWABLE ENERGY COMPANY and one of the top 5 largest energy companies in the world currently has a Supervisor – Construction & Maintenance opportunity at its Auburn, NY location.
Companies under the Iberdrola-USA umbrella include: Rochester Gas & Electric, New York State Electric & Gas, and Central Maine Power. Each Company has provided service to customers for over 150 years. Currently, they serve approximately 2.7 million customers in New York and Maine.
Iberdrola USA is a team of dedicated individuals working as one to deliver value to our customers, employees and shareholders.
Company: New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG)
Department: Construction & Maintenance - Electric
Job Title: Supervisor – Construction & Maintenance
Reports to: Manager – Regional Operations
Location: Auburn, NY
Cross Company Responsibility: Yes (IUMC, RG&E, NYSEG, CMP)
Education & Experience Required:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Associate's degree in related technology area is preferred.
- At least 5 years of related experience in Transmission, Distribution, Construction and Maintenance.
- Knowledge of line work and construction.
- Knowledge of line, and/or electric theory, switching, tagging, labor agreement, safety manual, leak detection methods, procedures and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of industry codes including NEC, NESC, Hazmat, and OSHA.
- Valid Drivers License.
- May require various DOT Operator Qualifications.
- Results and customer service oriented.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Self directed work skills with emphasis on multitasking.
- Computer skills applicable to MS Word, MS Excel, WMS, CMS, TMS, SAP and Work Request.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be available for response to after hour's to work storms, emergencies, and critical assignments
- Must be willing to travel and work on major construction projects outside of the division.
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Supervises employees in the construction, operation and maintenance of electric distribution and transmission systems. Oversees, plans and schedules new construction work, preventive and corrective maintenance, inspections and training activities. Ensures that construction and maintenance is completed in accordance with construction standards, following approved policies, procedures, safety rules and budgets. May interact with customers (internal & external) to solve problems/concerns and ensure customer satisfaction.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Plans and oversees work of line and/or electric departments. Supervises to ensure safe and efficient operation of the daily field activities of both Company and various contractor construction crews. May resolve customer issues when needed. May provide assistance to Technical Services on new construction and rebuilding existing plants. Works closely with the PSC, DEC, NYSDOT and local government agencies.
2. Schedules the work of line or contract crews. Assess the scope of projects and assigns the appropriate crew and skills balance. Arranges for any special equipment and insures that all material needs are met.
3. Administers damage claims and billing, time sheets, store orders, job kitting, work order balancing, material review, compliance with safety rules and regulations, standards of excellence and/or service guarantees. Monitors accuracy of Electric Records for auditing purposes and ensure compliance.
4. Oversees construction office and support budget management. May coordinate department activities with local and state highway departmental officials.
5. Supervises and coordinates emergency restoration.
6. Coordinates safety training, documentation, inspections, and accident investigations. May be responsible for labor relations contract administration and communications. May conduct employee evaluations for annual performance appraisal process.
Competency Requirements :
It is preferred that for this job, the candidate fulfills the requirements in terms of levels indicated below. For details of the competencies and the different levels, refer to the Iberdrola Competency model below.
1. Delivering for the Business :
2. Global Relationships :
- Global view of the Business – Competent level
- Achieving Results and continuous improvements - Competent level
- Initiative – Competent level
- Innovation & Creativity - Competent level
3. Global Leadership :
- Flexibility & Globalization - Competent level
- Customer Focus - Competent level
- Communicating & Influencing – Competent level
- Team Work - Competent level
Iberdrola IUSA Competency Model
- Team management – Competent level
- Developing Others - Competent level
1. Delivering for the Business:
Global view of the Business :
Initial – Knows and understands own area of responsibility
Competent – Identifies and understands the relationships and links with other areas across the organization
Advanced – Can Identify how his/her own business area contributes to the Iberdrola Group
Expert – Has a view of the organizational environment and the external market
Achieving Results and continuous improvements
Initial – Performs work adequately, striving for effectiveness. Achieves agreed goals
Competent – Creates own working standards, places high demands on him/herself and the results achieved
Advanced – Makes changes in order to improve performance or results
Expert – Assumes new challenges, taking calculated risks.
Initial – Solves problems in day-to-day role
Competent – Acts quickly and decisively in uncertain situations
Advanced – Anticipates problems and opportunities and acts accordingly
Expert – Creates opportunities and acts with future vision
Innovation & Creativity
Initial – Willingly accepts innovative approaches
Competent – Has innovative ideas by applying experiences and knowledge already learned
Advanced – Fosters creative, innovative atmosphere in his/her working environment
Expert – Innovates & creates new concepts (Products, services, processes etc)
2. Global Relationships:
Flexibility & Globalization
Initial – Accepts the need to be flexible, reacts with a positive attitude to changes
Competent – Adapts his/her way of working to new requirements
Advanced – Facilitates change, adapts action strategy according to the changes in the internal/external environment.
Expert – Instigates change
Initial – Responds to customer requests
Competent – Commits to the Customer
Advanced – Improves Service for current needs
Expert – Anticipates future needs
Communicating & Influencing
Initial – Communicates appropriately with others within the usual working environment
Competent – Effectively communicates in more complex situations with a variety of people, with whom there may or may not be regular contact
Advanced – Exerts influence by using persuasive and convincing techniques
Expert – Uses net work of contacts positively and encourages collaboration to successfully achieve objectives
Initial – Participates in the team
Competent – Involves himself/herself proactively in the team
Advanced – Creates a team
Expert – Promotes teamwork across departments
3. Global Leadership :
Initial – Encourages team effectiveness by distributing tasks appropriately
Competent – Takes each team member into account when making decisions, as well as the team as a whole
Advanced – Demands High performance
Expert – His/her team interacts in an optimal way across the organization
Initial – Carries out specific development actions
Competent – Performs constant development activities for the team as a whole
Advanced – Proposes and carries out individual development activities
Expert – Generates a culture of professional development, contributing to the sustained growth of the organization
- 2 years ago - save job