This position is responsible for the operational supervision and fiscal management of inpatient Diagnostic Imaging Services including, but not limited to ultrasound, mammography, CT, MRI, nuclear technology, special procedures. This position provides direct day to day supervision, management of activities, projects in patient care centers, and achieves departmental goals, maintains quality patient care delivery; promotes professional standards in accordance with hospital policy. The Supervisor is familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, best practices and procedures. With delegated authority and Management Coordination this position will interview, hire, conduct training, assign work schedules and conduct annual-performance evaluations & disciplinary action. This position supervises the delivery of efficient and effective clinical care and services.
Required Certification with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Masters Degree in Nursing Administration or related health care field preferred.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years experience in a leadership role (i.e Lead/Supervisor or Manager), at an acute care hospital setting. Additional experience within Imaging Services Preferred.
• Supervise Imaging Technologists, Direct technical operation
• Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with diverse others, including, but not limited to –staff, colleagues, managers, medical staff, patients/families, volunteers, and community members.
• Demonstrated skill in interpersonal and political conflict resolution
• Ability to manage personnel through leadership and coaching, acting as mentor to all staff
• Demonstrated creativity with identifying problems and expressing and implementing ideas for improvements.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to apply critical thinking skills and adapt to a variety of situations with appropriate action
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and communicate a team approach to patient care
• Ability to establish utilization control measures for labor, supplies, and equipment
• Ability to manage institutional changes through collaborative and positive leadership skills
• Knowledge of information systems and applications, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated commitment to quality through knowledge of its precepts, skillful workplace applications and continuous organizational improvement
• Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory standards for radiologic and nursing /clinical practice/Joint Commission/Title 22/COBRA, etc.
• Knowledgeable in professional practice standards, recommended practices. (AORN, AACN, ACC)
• Current Certification as a Radiological Technologist in California (CRT), and current member in good standing with American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT), or
• Current Basic Life Support Provider and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (preferred)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. ESSENTIAL (not modifiable)
1. Directs inpatient and outpatient services in an efficient and cost effective manner. Assures the provision of quality patient care through the implementation of proficient patient process management, service integration, and the effective recruitment, retention, and development of staff
2. Develops standards of performance, allocated resources, and approves personnel actions. Provides feedback and coaching to staff to ensure appropriate professional growth and development
3. Ensures that professional staff is able to provide direct and indirect patient care and clinical services to the patient population of the said services, and that the number of staff is sufficient to accomplish these goals
4. Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of patient care services
5. Maintains compliance with the Radiation Safety Program
6. Ensures compliance with the requirements of The Joint Commission, Title 22, CA DHS Radiologic Health Branch, ACS, ACR, and ACC
7. Ensures therapeutic and diagnostic care policies and procedures are followed
8. Works in a cross functional capacity to ensure integration of comprehensive services
9. Orients and provides in-service training and continuing education requirements of all personnel in the department
10. Continually assesses and improves the performance of care in services provided
Marin General Hospital - 11 months ago