Shift Technical Supervisor - Future Opportunities
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technical Shift Supervisors to
become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. You will be responsible for leading a shift team of employees to maximize the quality and process capabilities of a highly automated, wafer fabrication facility. These positions work a compressed work shift (12 hour shift, 3 days working, 4 days off, 4 days working, 3 days off). The majority of these future opportunities will be assigned to a night shift. However, the ideal candidate must be open to either days or nights. Actual shift assignment can vary depending on the department.
We are seeking Shift Supervisors with experience in the following areas:
This job posting is for a "future opportunity" and does not represent a current vacancy. Job listings such as this allow GLOBAL FOUNDRIES to proactively review and identify talent on an on-going basis before a position becomes available. We encourage you to submit your credentials today with the understanding that a position does not exist and that you may not be contacted by a recruiter in reference to your resume submission. When an appropriate position opens that matches your profile, we may contact you to apply directly to the new position. We will keep your information on file for one year.
- Cleans/Wet Etch
- Dry Etch
- Thin Films (PVD & CVD)
- Defect Inspection
- Failure Analysis
- Ensure a safe work environment and help build a culture where safety is the first priority
- Be an active leader in safety programs and help ensure compliance with EHS rules by visitors, contractors and employees at GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab8
- Lead a team of technicians and shift engineers providing day-to-day operations support for the specifically assigned module
- Coordinate daily technician and engineering activities on-shift to meet manufacturing objectives
- Coordinate training to develop shift employees to safely perform their respective job assignments
- Closely interface with contractors and service providers who will provide specific maintenance or job functions
- Closely interface with the production staff to ensure key deliverables are being met.
- Identify ways to control costs while sustaining and improving operational systems for Fab operation.
- Coordinate and ensure continuous improvement of housekeeping, safety, environmental compliance, quality and cost within his/her shift consistent with overall department goals.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning
- Administer employment policies and procedures to ensure a positive work environment
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve production, quality, or maintenance issues
- Actively participate in work teams and committees that are established to improve the overall efficiency or safety performance of the department
- Develop and enforce effective preventive maintenance and safety procedures
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering to review daily goals/priorities, project statuses, and qualification timelines.
- Lead engineering and development activities to achieve the desired WIP turns and cycle time goals.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to optimize processes with regards to process stability and wafer yield.
- Support operational execution and technology development
- Complete performance evaluations and career development plans
- Relentlessly drive efficiencies
- Establish and execute specific department plans and strategies to support the fab to achieve manufacturing KPIs. These include cycle time, line yield, and OEE (overall equipment efficiency)
- Participate in a "Continuous Improvement" program and follow "Lean Manufacturing" practices in the department to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Support Fab8’s efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture.
- Associate's Degree in a technical field
- Minimum 5 years people leadership experience in a semi-conductor manufacturing environment or 5 years engineering experience in a highly technical manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self starter
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage a Shift team of engineers, process technicians and maintenance technicians
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
- Individual must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint …).
- Other responsibilities as directed by management
- This requires successfully passing a Supervisory Leadership online assessment
- BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline
- Experience as Shift Process or Equipment Engineer or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline
- Experience as Shift Process or Equipment Engineer within a Clean Room Production Environment or equivalency
- Previous wafer fab start-up experience
- Previous Supervisory Experience in a Production Semiconductor Environment
- Previous semiconductor engineering management experience
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBAL FOUNDRIES , visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 7 months ago