Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Supervises and directs high-level technical staff of 10 within gas engineering. Is responsible for the engineering and design of all new and upgraded gas distribution and transmission system infrastructure improvements and replacements to serve new and existing loads and customers across a large geographical area spanning multiple operating areas. Identifies infrastructure projects in support of capital budgeting. Prepares construction design packages and works with Gas Operations to assign construction resources to projects. Supports Gas Field Operations and other departments. Provides support to improve company processes and policies. Applies company, industry, local, state, national codes, tariffs, and standards, and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Provides support for long term planning related to assigned operating areas, and engineering and design expertise for the construction and maintenance of the distribution and transmission systems. Interacts with customers, developers, municipalities, agencies, and others to improve means of interaction, resolve complaints, and improve customer satisfaction. Manages technical support contractors and consultants. Prepares and communicates reports and maintains records for various activities in the department. Leads hiring, training and development processes for Engineers, Field Planners, and Clerks. Leads or assists with management of gas and electric outages, floods, and other emergencies. Utilizes SAP to manage departmental work flow and capital expenditures
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Supervises and approves the work of the engineering and design groups toward the completion of gas transmission and distribution projects and programs in support of the capital construction budget and system performance enhancement.
2. Approves the engineering criteria, construction standards, equipment specifications and equipment and engineering suppliers and contractors used in the design, engineering and construction of assigned capital projects.
3. Responsible for budget preparation, cost control, and results reporting for work group.
4. Schedules work to meet or exceed department and corporate goals and objectives. Conducts individual performance evaluations, recommends candidates for hire and salary adjustments, provides coaching and counseling toward performance improvement and guides development of staff in group. Manages the application of the union labor contract.
5. Represents the company on various teams or committees with Iberdrola USA , state, regional or national issues.
6. Acts as liaison for the Company with customers and with state and municipal agencies to coordinate efforts.
JobsInNewYork.com - 10 months ago