JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for the efficient operation of all food locations within the park
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Review all operating policies and procedures on a continuous basis to insure safety, efficiency and guest satisfaction
- Coordinate with Human Resources on the hiring, orientation and placement of personnel
- Train and develop seasonal leadership team members
- Assist in formulating labor and expense budgets and establish and maintain strict cash handling and auditing procedures for all areas.
- Interpret and enforce all park and corporate policies as set forth by Darien Lake
- Coordinate all training programs to ensure that training has a positive impact on food quality, guest service and sanitation
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and operating efficiencies to maximize labor
- Audit and ensure proper food preparation and handling procedures to comply with the Health Department
- Scheduling for all areas, tracking all personnel break times and ensure that all Federal and State labor laws regarding minors are adhered to
- Continually strive for quality service and guest satisfaction. Follow up on all complaints regarding staff member rudeness or careless work practices.
- Ensure that all cash handling positions receive the proper training and documentation.
- Work with Loss Prevention to develop ways to deter theft.
- Monitor food costs and assist in the development of menu items to achieve budgeted goals
- Monitor food equipment and ensure proper operation and maintenance
- Perform other duties appropriate to the area of responsibility as deemed necessary by the Food Service Manager
- Practice safety methods, and techniques to ensure work areas are safe. Eliminate unsafe physical conditions, equipment, and machine hazards, and other risks in human and operational performance which may cause injury to persons, damage to property, or cause other losses.
- Ensure that any employee that is injured reports the injury to First Aid immediately.
- Minimum of three years Food management experience in a theme park setting
- A BA/BS degree in Business Management or related discipline preferred
- Strong management and communication skills
- Strong administrative skills including organization, budget control, scheduling and computer literacy
- Excellent motivational, leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and a 6 day work week when required
- This position requires continuous temperature changes, working alone, and working with others.
- This position requires frequent work in extreme heat, extreme cold, dryness, or humidity.
- This position requires occasional work in or around wetness, cramped quarters, heights, noise, detergents/chemicals, mechanical hazards, moving objects, fumes/odors, dust, mists, gases, or vibrations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and/stand/or walk for long periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors in the park at various times throughout the year
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, eye/hand coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 60 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance of a two wheel hand cart
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DARIEN LAKE THEME PARK IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Darien Lake Theme Park - 9 months ago